As part of managing the health and safety of your business you must control the risks in your workplace. To do this you need to consider what might cause harm to people and decide whether you are taking reasonable steps to prevent that harm. This is known as risk assessment and it is something you are required by law to carry out.
For some risks, other regulations require particular control measures. These control measures do not have to be assessed separately but can be considered as part of, or an extension of, your overall risk assessment.
How to assess the risks in your workplace
- Identify the hazards
- Decide who might be harmed and how
- Evaluate the risks and decide on precautions
- Record your significant findings
- Review your assessment and update if necessary
Epica Health & Safety can help you and your team develop risk assessments relevant to your company, activities and personnel. Take a look through the type of services we can offer you.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Assessments
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessments
- Expectant and New Mother Assessments
- Fire Assessments
- Manal Handling Assessments
- Task and Activity Risk Assessments
- Young Person Assessments