Construction Health & Safety
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM15) applies to all building and construction work and includes new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance and have specific health and safety responsibilities for individuals concerned with construction projects, and as follows:
- The Client has to appoint, and co-operate with, a competent Principal Designer.
- The Principal Designer has to plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety during the pre-construction phase of a project.
- Designers; anyone preparing drawings and specifications such as Architects, Structural Engineers and Surveyors, have to identify hazards and ensure that the design includes a hierarchy of risk control.
- The Principal Contractor, appointed by the Client, has to plan, manage, monitor and coordinate the construction phase of a project - including the development of a construction phase plan.
- Contractors also have a role to ensure their own activities are planned, managed and monitored during the construction phase and cooperate with the Principal Contractor.
Epica Health, Safety & Wellbeing can help you and your project team by assisting you to meet your legal and client requirements whatever role you undertake with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations. Take a look through the type of services we can offer you.
Advisor to Client
The CDM 2015 defines a client as anyone for whom a construction project is carried out. The regulations apply to both domestic and commercial clients. Read More...
Advisor to Principal Designer
The principal designer must be a designer and have control over the pre-construction phase of the project. Read more...
Advisor to Principal Contractor
Anyone who is directly appointed by the Client to manage the construction phase of the works or project and where there are more than one contractor working. Read more...
Advisor to Contractor
Anyone who directly engages construction workers or manages construction work is a contractor. Read more...