Advisor to Principal Designer
The principal designer must be a designer and have control over the pre-construction phase of the project.
The principal designer is responsible for planning, managing, monitoring and coordinating health and safety in the pre-construction phase of a project. This includes:
- Identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks
- Ensuring designers carry out their duties.
- Preparing and providing relevant information to other duty holders.
We will act as your advisor and independent outsource partner to provide advisor to Principal Designer support services.
The Advisor to Principal Designer service includes the following:
- Suitable and sufficient advice and assistance in order to comply with Principal Designer duties in particular:
- Identify existing information and other relevant information that will affect the design
- Develop the pre-construction information and deliver to both designers and contractors
- Appraise pre-qualification questionnaires of designers and principal contractor
- Advise, attend and communicate design team meetings, to ensure designers eliminate health and safety risk to anyone affected by the work or ensure steps are taken to reduce or control those risks
- Liaise with the principal contractor, keeping them informed of any risks that need to be controlled during the construction phase
Epica Health & Safety can also deliver the following for your projects:
- Completion of pre=qualification questionnaires
- Appraisal of pre-qualification questionnaires
- Health and Safety Policies specific to your company needs
- Liaison with other project parties with regards to health and safety matters
- Health, Safety and Welfare Site inspection/audits
- Appraise Construction Phase Plan
- Reviewing and commenting on method statements and risk assessments as provided by Principal Contractor.
- Review Operating & Maintenance manual on completion of project.