Advisor to Client
The CDM 2015 defines a client as anyone for whom a construction project is carried out. The regulations apply to both domestic and commercial clients.
A client has responsibility to make suitable arrangements for managing a project.
This includes making sure that:
- other duty holders are appointed
- sufficient time and resources are allocated
- relevant information is prepared and provided to other duty holders
- the principal designer and principal contractor carry out their duties
- welfare facilities are provided
We will act as your advisor and independent outsource partner to provide advisor to Client support services.
The Advisor to Client service includes the following:
- Suitable and sufficient advice and assistance in order to comply with Client duties in particular:
- Appraising pre-qualification questionnaires for both Principal Designer and Contractor roles
- Advise on the required information necessary for both design and construction phases
- Ensure the client allows sufficient time and resource is allocated for each stage of the project
- Make sure that any principal designer and principal contractor appointed carry out their duties in managing the project
- Make sure appropriate welfare facilities are available to site personnel for the duration of the project
- Ensure a construction phase plan has been developed and appraised prior to construction works
- Advise the principal designer on the content and layout format of the health and safety file required
- Notify HSE where appropriate