The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) place duties on people and companies who own, operate or have control over work equipment. PUWER also places responsibilities on businesses and organisations whose employees use work equipment, whether owned by them or not.
The purpose of an inspection is to identify whether work equipment can be operated, adjusted and maintained safely – with any deterioration detected and remedied before it results in a health and safety risk.
Not all work equipment needs formal inspection to ensure safety and, in many cases, a quick visual check before use will be sufficient. However, inspection is necessary for any equipment where significant risks to health and safety may arise from incorrect installation, reinstallation, deterioration or any other circumstances.
Epica Health, Safety & Wellbeing can help you with your health and safety compliance and facilities management testing needs. Take a look through the type of services we can offer you.
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) – Fixed Wire Testing
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Asbestos Surveys, Management and Samples
- Legionnaires Risk Assessments and Monthly Monitoring Water Services
- Fire Extinguisher Servicing
- Fire Alarm Systems Testing and Report
- Emergency Lighting Testing and Report
- Commercial and Landlord Gas Safety Certification
- Pest Control
- Spray Booth Clearance Testing