Inspections & Audits
Health and safety legislation requires a company to monitor their health and safety performance. This is to ensure legislation compliance and to identify areas that require improvement. Health and safety inspections and audits can help your company avoid accidents and instances of occupational ill-health to employees and others who may be affected.
Epica Health & safety is an independent company and can inspect and audit your undertakings at both your premises or at operational sites. The inspection and audit will include all aspects related to your:
- Health and safety management system documentation,
- Work activities,
- Subcontractors appointed including
- Any areas that may affect members of the public.
Epica Health & Safety carry out an inspection of your activities followed by a documentation audit. We do this by:
- We will only carry out an inspection and audit if we have a company representative available for reference and escort. This co-operation with your management works towards an improved company health and safety culture that will benefit your company.
- Using tablets to carry out the inspection and audit, allowing pictures of findings which will include both good activities and areas that require improvement.
- Producing a report to provide you with an accurate record of our findings
- Producing actions raised for improvement with suggestions for rectification
As all inspections and audits are carried out on tablet then the report is provided same time to all relevant personnel in your company.
Prior to leaving Epica Health & Safety will verbally discuss the findings of the report with your company representative and other previously named, normally a Director. In particular good findings and findings that require improvement will be discussed.
Epica Health & Safety can develop a program of regular inspections and audits that will assist implementation, of previous improvements required, and help to monitor development and maintain of safety standards.