Are you making a list and checking it twice? (Sorry we couldn’t resist!)
This time of year becomes extremely busy, not only in the workplace but at home as well. Christmas is fast approaching and the chaos begins. It is however also a good time to re-group, de-clutter and re-organise.
- Clear your desk, bin anything that is no longer needed, file things away in their rightful place.
- Make a list of all jobs that need to be done between now and the Christmas break, use it as a deadline so you can start a fresh in the new year.
- For the social side of work, make a note of any Christmas parties, Christmas Jumper day and any other festive events that are coming up. Make a list of everything you will need for them… Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
- If you have children that are eagerly waiting to see if they are on the nice or naughty list. You are probably filled with dread thinking about all the toys and games they already have, that they don’t even play with! Have a clear out, bag up all their old toys (you need your best negotiation skills for this one!) and donate them to your local charity shop. There maybe someone who would benefit from the items you no longer want or need.
- It is also a really good idea to start your Christmas clean around this time. Have a good deep clean and get to those areas you may not get around to doing so often, then your home is clean and tidy ready for your decorations.
Whatever area or space you are looking to clear, make a list of what you need to do. Ensure the jobs are manageable and you aren’t taking too much on. Are there jobs that other members of the family or work colleagues can do for you?