Do you start the week full of dread? Knowing that you have lots to do and don’t know where to start?
Why not take a moment to sit and think about your list of jobs.
- Start with the most pressing issue and then follow on with your other tasks in order of priority
- Stick a time and date next to each one as to when it needs to be done by this way it will give you a goal to reach.
- Stop and compose yourself before tackling your first job.
- Make sure you are in an environment where you can concentrate and will be most productive.
- As you work your way through the list you may find you get through them quickly or you may fall behind schedule – if this does happen, don’t worry! Is there someone who can help you? Can some tasks be pushed further down your list for you to complete later?
- Be sure to take frequent breaks, long periods of time spent doing the same thing causes our brains to switch off and become less creative and less likely to accomplish what we set out to do.
- Most importantly make sure you are properly hydrated and are eating often. Our bodies require food and water to be able to function. By staying hydrated and topping ourselves up with essential nutrients, we are giving it the best chance at being alert and energised.