How many of these interesting facts do you know already?
- Lack of Sleep Is More Deadly Than Starvation – According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, getting enough sleep is essential for good health. Sleep is a basic need of the body, and the effects of sleep deprivation can be as serious as not eating or breathing.
- Eating eggs improves your reflexes – Eggs contain an amino acid called tyrosine, which the body synthesizes into norepinephrine and dopamine, compounds that increase energy, alertness, and improve mood.
- Ginger can help reduce cramps – Ginger has been used as a remedy for ages, dating back an estimated 5,000 years when people from China and India used ginger root to treat indigestion. Because it naturally relieves inflammation, ginger can relieve bloating and gas pains.
- Did you know that Monday is the most common sick day for work, with Friday being the least likely because most people are happier.
- Adults who regularly get 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep per night are up to 20% more productive.
- Laughter boosts your immune system by enhancing your antibodies (which help fight infections) and increasing your immune cell count. This helps reduce your chances of illness and missing out on work.
For more information on well-being in the workplace, please don’t hesitate to contact us.