“Facts are to the mind what food is to the body” – Edmund Burke
- Only 2 in 5 Employees are working at peak performance
- Laughing is good for the heart and can increase blood flow by 20 percent.
- Your skin works hard. Not only is it the largest organ in the body, but it defends against disease and infection, regulates your temperature and aids in vitamin production.
- Always look on the bright side: being an optimist can help you live longer
- Sitting and sleeping are great in moderation, but too much can increase your chances of an early death.
- 4 million working people suffer from work related illness’
- There were 2526 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposure (2017).
- 147 workers killed at work (that’s nearly 1 every other day)
- 581,000 working people sustain injury at work
- 69,208 injuries to employees were reported to RIDDOR
- 2 million working days lost due to work related illness and injury.
- £50 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2017/2018).
Do you require guidance on Health, Safety or Wellbeing matters? Why not contact our team on 0151 448 7940 or visit our website.