Manual Handling Assessments
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations require employers to assess lifting operations for Employees.Â These are those activities where employees are at risk of significant injury from manual handling.
Epica Health, Safety & Wellbeing assist our clients in meeting the requirements of the Regulations by developing relevant assessments for specific activities with their teams.
We assess the risk of injury to employees during handling operations that canâ€™t be avoided.Â Â Control measures are given to reduce the risk as far as is reasonably practicable.Â Further recommendations are made where necessary.
Epica Health, Safety & Wellbeing have a mission, Making Health & Safety Simple, and when it comes to manual handling assessments thatâ€™s just what we do.Â We use the “TILE” principal in approaching the assessment process.Â This makes an evaluation of the:
- Individuals involved
The Manual Handling Assessments will:
- Identify control measures for lifting and carrying activities.
- Identify requirements for training and risk control
- Provide information to Employees relating to lifting and carrying tasks undertaken.
- Assist in avoiding costly accidents and instances of musculoskeletal disorders
- Demonstrate to enforcing authorities your company’s commitmentÂ
The aim is to prevent injuries to employees from manual handling activities and make personnel aware of manual handling techniques in the workplace. They must be able toÂ act on their own initiative and carry out manual handling activities safely.
- Classroom â€“ Principles of Risk Assessment
- Classroom â€“ Principles of Manual Handling
- Classroom â€“ Health & Safety in the Workplace
- E Learning â€“ Manual Handling
- E Learning â€“ Health & Safety for Managers