Task and Activity Risk Assessments
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations requires employers to undertake suitable and sufficient risk assessments of their activities.
Epica Health, Safety & Wellbeing undertakes risk assessments by involving your team, to do this we make observations, carry out interviews, take images and review existing documentation. We develop your risk assessment using the information gathered and deliver them to your team. This can be recorded for evidence of communication and internal training.
We develop both generic and specific risk assessments and they can be focused on activities or on equipment or plant, depending on client requirements.
Epica Health, Safety & Wellbeing produce risk assessments by following the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) 5 Steps to Risk Assessment methodology:
- Identification of hazards
- Identification of persons at risk
- Evaluation of risks arising from hazards
- Recording of assessment findings
- Monitoring and review of assessment
The Risk Assessments will help to:
- Identify control measures to reduce the level of risk associated with tasks.
- Provide information to employees relating to the risks that are presented to them and the risk control systems in place to protect them.
- Demonstrate to clients that risks are controlled in such a way that contributes to a safe system of work or method statement
- Demonstrate to enforcing authorities your company’s commitment
The aim is to provide supervisors and employees with fundamental knowledge and understanding of the risk assessment process. This will help you to protect your staff and business, as well as comply with the law.
- Classroom – Principles of Risk Assessment
- Classroom – Managing Safely
- Classroom – Health & Safety in the Workplace
- E Learning – Health & Safety for Managers
- E Learning – Personal Safety
- E Learning – Stress Safety