It is recommended that we drink 8 x 8oz glasses of water per day, this is known as the 8×8 rule.
Whilst water isn’t the most exciting drink, it is the most important. Water has many benefits and is crucial for a healthy body.
- Lubricating the joints
- Forming saliva and mucus
- Delivering oxygen throughout the body
- Boosts skin health and beauty
- Cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues
- Regulating body temperature
- The digestive system depends on it
- It flushes body waste
Most people don’t drink enough water because they forget or don’t have it handy therefore, go without or opt for more unhealthy drinks. Why not set yourself a challenge to carry a bottle of water around with you? As soon as it is empty fill it back up so you have it to hand.
If you have any queries on Health, Safety or Wellbeing, why not contact our team on 0151 448 7940.