Although considered a chore at times â€“ working out is great for lifting and having a positive effect on your mood.
We spend too much time procrastinating when it comes to exercise, how many times have you said the following?
- I will exercise when I get home from workâ€¦ then donâ€™t!
- I will exercise after teaâ€¦ and havenâ€™t!
- I will exercise tomorrow/next weekâ€¦ and never do!
- I havenâ€™t exercised in a while; I will really struggleâ€¦ then put it off!
Why not bite the bullet and kick start a new routine? Nobody is expecting you to go from being a couch potato to an Olympic athlete overnight however, gaining the courage to take those first small steps goes a long way.
- Start by walking, walking is a nice gentle exercise that doesnâ€™t exert you as much as other exercise but is still impacting positively on your mind and body
- Another gentle form of exercise is swimming (oh dear, the dreaded swimsuit!). Whilst some arenâ€™t keen on the idea of wearing swimsuits, swimming is an excellent exercise which doesnâ€™t create impact and strain on your joints. Plus, the calories will float awayâ€¦
- Most people have access to YouTube, there are lots of exercise and fitness videos on YouTube to suit all needs. Whether it is HIIT, dance, or yoga. If you are moving your doing it right!
Alternatively, doing your housework and cleaning can burn between 170 â€“ 190 calories per hour. You could kill two birds with one stone, a gleaming home and increasing those feel good endorphins!
If you have any questions about Health, Safety or Wellbeing, feel free to contact our team on 0151 448 7940.